StarID activation and password reset
Posted by David Schuman, Last modified by David Schuman on 15 August 2017 08:52 AM
If you are setting up your StarID or need to reset your password, follow these instructions:|
"Wrong Username or Password" - This is a very distinct error suggesting that what is being typed compared to what is in the database for your StarID user name and password do not match. Some things to consider are:
Star ID Activation and Password reset Instructions
1. Go to https://starid.minnstate.edu
2. Click on the 'Reset my Password' link or 'Activate my StarID' as appropriate for your situation.
3. Click on the link for **I know my Tech ID (8 digit student ID)**
4. Fill out the Tech ID (student ID) and campus information with Minnesota State University Moorhead and click 'continue'
5. Enter your social security number and click on 'continue'
6. Set up a new password using the password requirements, check the acknowledgement box and click 'continue'. A confirmation will be sent to your email with your StarID
7. Your StarID password is now set
**If you do not have a social security number, in step 3 choose 'I know my email address and put in the email address you used when applying to MSUM. You will have to retrieve a verification code from that email account to proceed with the process.